- 8 oz. angel hair pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (can use sunflower too)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 6 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, drained bean sprouts (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add almonds and sesame seeds. Sauté until slightly brown, set aside.
Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and white pepper in a jar. Cover tightly and shake. Set aside.
Combine cabbage, scallions, water chestnuts and pasta in a large bowl. Toss in nut mixture. Toss with dressing before serving. Enjoy!